In order to limit rural exodus and enables Khmer people staying in the countryside to live in decent conditions, we support the development of two cooperatives :
- Setakech agricultural cooperative (Preah Vihear province), producing rice and honey
- Ta Suos handicraft cooperative (Svay Rieng province) specialized in manufacturing rush straw
Those cooperatives encourage the production of high-quality agricultural commodities such as rice and honey and enhance traditional handicraft savoir-faire : sewing and weaving.
As an example, differents actions are implemented to support Ta Suos cooperative, composed of around ten women and one sewer :
- Purchasing assistance for the manufacturing process components : fabric, zips…
- Contacting with confirmed creators and designers and funding for trainings in order to improve the products quality, create new patterns and shapes.
- Direct sale in Phnom Penh, attendance to fairs
- Creation of communication materials (catalogues, labels, online shop on Facebook)